- This event has passed.
Statewide Health Equity Gathering
October 19, 2018
HEP’s Statewide Health Equity Gathering
“Building Solidarity for Vibrant Communities and Families”
on Friday, October 19th!
- Statewide Gathering Agenda
- Reunión Estatal del 2018 Construyendo solidaridad para comunidades y familias exitosas- (Agenda)
- Evaluation form
- Evaluación (Evaluation form)
- Community Guidelines
- Acuerdos Comunitarios (Community Guidelines)
On Friday, October 19th, 2018, the New Mexico Health Equity Partnership (HEP) will offer an all-day gathering (8:30 am – 5:00 pm) in Española at Northern New Mexico College Center for the Arts for partners, network members, and allies across New Mexico. This will be followed by a reception (5:30 pm – 7:30 pm) at Northern Rio Grande Heritage Center. “Building Solidarity for Vibrant Communities and Families” Gathering Objectives are:
- Build relations across New Mexico’s diverse communities and sustain a network to advance health equity and social justice.
- Facilitate change, through peer sharing of community knowledge, organizing tools and techniques, and best and promising practices to build community power.
- Create a space for participants to feel connected, inspired, empowered, engaged, excited, and informed.
Participants will focus on sharing and learning how they do their work: in other words, what tools, techniques and processes they use to deeply engage and organize with community members, strengthen leadership, and build community power. The tools and techniques shared will be rooted in community members lived experiences. Tools and techniques may include utilizing:
- Art (zines, theatre poetry, murals, photos, graphics, etc.) for health equity & social justice;
- Community organizing tools;
- Community and asset mapping tools; and
- Research methodologies.
These tools and techniques will be shared via hands on activities, experiential learning, and small group dialogues.
This gathering is free. Stipends for lodging and transportation are available to HEP core partners and network members traveling 45 miles or more. Scholarships are available for young people to attend. You must register by September 28, 2018 to be eligible for lodging support.
To register for the gathering (registration is now closed) click here. The full agenda and additional details are available here. Please reach out to Vaughan Glidden with questions about HEP’s Statewide Health Equity Gathering.
We are thankful for the generous support from our funders and co-sponsors: Northern New Mexico College’s Office of Equity and Diversity, RISE Men and Boys of Color, Santa Fe Community Foundation, and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
Participants are also invited to join us the day after the Statewide Health Equity Gathering, on Saturday, October 20th, for a transformative day-long fundraising training, Building People Powered Movements: Grassroots Fundraising Fundamentals in Española at Northern New Mexico College for organizations across New Mexico. The national organization, Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training (GIFT) will offer the training. This training is organized and brought to you by Chainbreaker Collective, New Mexico Health Equity Partnership, and NewMexicoWomen.Org. You can click here to learn more about the training and to register. Scholarships are available. Please inquire with Carli Romero.