Health Impact Assessment
The New Mexico Health Equity Partnership (HEP), an initiative at the Santa Fe Community Foundation, believes every New Mexican should have the opportunity to lead a healthy life, to live in neighborhoods where our children and families thrive and have a say in the decisions that impact their communities. We train residents and community groups on how to make a more compelling case with greater impact when engaging policymakers on issues they care most about. One critical tool that we provide and teach is the Health Impact Assessment (HIA). Through the HIA, advocates and residents learn how to collect and utilize data that can inform policy change, and hold decision makers more accountable. The HIA is an effective means in empowering and elevating community members’ voices. HIA has produced the following results:
- It builds leadership. Community members learn how to navigate the political system. They become more knowledgeable about decision making processes, and they become more comfortable with speaking before decision makers.
- It commands attention from decision makers and leads to the adoption of community recommendations.
- It fosters communication and collaboration among disparate groups that previously did not have good relationships.
- HIA overview
- HIA screening worksheet
- HIA Work & Community Plan
- HIA Sample Report Outline
- Introduction to HIA Webinar Slides
- Introduction to HIA Webinar Video
- Screening Visual
- Sample HIA Budget
- HIA Scoping Exercises
- HIA Scoping Webinar Slides
- HIA Scoping Webinar Video
- WORKSHEET Stakeholder Analysis – Human Impact Partners
- Human Impact Partners