Doña Ana Communities United
Doña Ana Communities United (DACU) is a fiscally sponsored project of the SINC division of the Rio Grande Community Development Corporation (RGCDC) and a core partner with NMHEP. DACU coordinates three main projects: the timebank, a weekly radio show, and the Social Equity Mapping initiative, to aid in creating a more vibrant and healthy Doña Ana County.
We aspire to a vibrant Doña Ana County where all human beings are valued and everyone works together as equals to realize our full potential for individual and collective wellbeing.
Doña Ana Communities United (DACU) creates welcoming spaces for all people, especially those whose voices and stories go unheard. We build genuine relationships, carry out uplifting projects, and engage with local government.
Doña Ana Communities United Updates:
- Read the most current DACU newsletter here.
- “Visit our story maps of our projects at Community of Hope and Chaparral, which are part of our Social Equity Mapping (SEM) initiative. These maps are a virtual way of sharing our work on these projects!”
- Kari continues to broadcast her live show “Just Community” every Thursday morning from 8 to 9 AM on KTAL-LP 101.5 FM. The show aims to highlight voices not often heard in our community. Archived interviews are available on Google Drive
- Check out Robert Yee’s video of the Doña Ana Communities United timebank
- Check out Robert Yee’s video of the intersection mural created by Doña Ana Communities United here in Las Cruces! (video below)
Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
Get in touch directly
Kari Bachman, Doña Ana Communities United Coordinator
In The News
DACU site visit to Silver City, NM
Doña Ana Communities United Members:
|DACU Steering Committee||Timebank Steering Committee|
|Andrew Bencomo||Susan Ansara|
|Cyrruss BK Easterlin||Shana Bachus|
|Randee Greenwald||Florence Hamilton|
|Kay Lilley||Rosa Herrera|
|DACU Current Project Mappers||DACU Staff|
|Patricia Gonzalez||Kari Bachman|
|Kevin Moose||Mairead McCarthy|
Doña Ana Communities United Coordinator
Kari Bachman is the team coordinator for Doña Ana Communities United. Her previous job experience includes coordinating the Ideas for Cooking and Nutrition Program at NMSU Cooperative Extension Service, working as a farm educator, and serving in the Peace Corps. Kari’s passion for social justice is marked by her commitment to practice participatory facilitation methods and her respect for multiple perspectives. She has advocated for health-promoting policies including a healthy food zone ordinance, competitive foods rules, and Child Nutrition reauthorization. Kari obtained her bachelor’s degree from Swarthmore College in political science and her master’s degree from NMSU in Agricultural and Extension Education. She is currently pursuing a PhD in rhetoric and professional communication at NMSU. In her free time, Kari enjoys collecting oral histories, exploring foodways, experiencing other cultures, and participating in almost any kind of physical activity.